Sat, Sep 18|
The Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum
16th Annual Tony Sousa Memorial Car Show
OPEN TO ALL SHELBY, COBRA, MUSTANG, FORD AND SHELBY-INSPIRED CARS! Spectators are encouraged to attend for free... Bring the entire family, there will be food vendors on-site and there's plenty of free parking available.
Time & Location
Sep 18, 2021, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum, 610 Lairport St, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA
About The Event
This year's Tony Sousa Memorial Car Show will be held at the Zimmerman
Automobile Driving Museum (formerly the Automobile Driving Museum)
which is about 3/4 mile south-east of where the 1965 thru 1967 Shelby
GT350 and GT500s were built, at LAX in El Segundo, CA.
Our Guests of Honor this year will be former Shelby American Team members,
Charlie and Kerry Agapiou. Both Charlie and Kerry were mechanics at Shelby
American. Charlie was portrayed in the movie, Ford v. Ferrari. Charlie was Ken
Miles' crew chief for the 1966 Le Mans race.
Special guests, also attending...
- Dave Friedman, former Shelby American photographer
- Peter Miles, mechanic and Ken Miles' son
- Allen Grant, former Shelby American race car driver
- John Morton, former Shelby American race car driver
- JL Henderson, former Shelby American manager
- Bruce Junor, former Shelby American manager
- Bernie Kretzschmar, former Shelby American Team GT350 Crew Chief
- Jim Marietta, former Shelby American mechanic
- Ted Sutton, former Shelby American mechanic
- Bert Brown, former Shelby American mechanic
- Doyle Gammell, former Shelby American mechanic
- Doug Dwyer, former Goodyear Racing Tire employee
- Rick Titus, World champion driver and automotive journalist
And, from the blockbuster movie, Ford v Ferrari... we'll be having the
"Ken Miles GT40", as well as the 1966 "Daytona Mustang" on display!
A beautiful event t-shirt will be included with each paid vehicle registration!
Additional event t-shirts will be available for purchase at the car show.
Over 20 Classes with 1st & 2nd place trophies awarded in all classes,
as well as our Best Of Show Award! Participants are requested to
arrive no later than 9AM to enable grouping of cars in each class.
Selection is by popular vote (by Car Show registrants). We'll also
have our Bruce "Gooch" Kawaguchi and Michael Holmes awards.
Spectators are encouraged to attend for free... bring the entire family,
there will be food vendors on-site and there's plenty of street parking
available. Raffles, Vendors, Panel Discussion, Autograph Sessions,
GT350s, GT500s, Cobras and much more!
Our Car Show celebrates the life of Tony Sousa, who was our Club's
secretary and historian. Tony traveled all over the United States in
his 1965 Shelby GT350, as an ambassador to the marque.
>>> Pictures from our last Tony Sousa Memorial Car Show <<<